Friday

Employee Spotlight: Rachel Timman

Give us a detailed job description of what you do at FOX Sports North:
I’m one of the marketing/communications interns! I update the FOX Sports North and FOX Sports Wisconsin Twitter and Facebook pages. I also recently helped organize a focus group for more in depth research on how our followers use social media.

Where do you attend school?
I am currently at the University of Minnesota and will graduate in May! (I’m currently applying for jobs)

What are some of your interests/hobbies?
I really like to read and go to Gopher Men’s Basketball games (although last season was much more fun than this one).

Who is/are the most influential people in your life?
One of my teachers at the U is always pushing me to think harder, work harder and apply myself more. He continues to give me hope for finding a post graduation job in a recession!!

If I wasn’t doing this job, I would love to…
I would love to go Europe! I was very involved with University student programs, so I was never able to study abroad.

Tell us something unique or interesting about yourself.
My pinky fingers only have two sections instead of three. All of the joints are there, but for some reason there is only one line instead of two. Also, I have a breadth of knowledge about the University of Minnesota! I can tell you all about our health services and the St. Paul campus while walking backwards!

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Fly. This ties into the study abroad thing. I feel it would be much easier to get to France if I could simply fly there myself.

No comments: